APC vents work every time thanks to the laws of science
APC dropout vents rely on gravity and the special heat-sensing property of its dome material. During a fire heat, smoke, and gas rise to the roof. Within 5 minutes after exposure to fire, the Quadri-Dome releases from its framework dropping to the floor, to create a clear opening to exhaust smoke and heat.
APC vents work with all sprinkler systems
Sprinklers alone can’t always save lives and property. Our APC vents work with any sprinkler system. Our vents operate within 5 minutes with exposure to fire, but well above sprinkler activation temperatures.
Why APC Dayliter Fire & Smoke
APC Dayliter® Fire & Smoke Vents meets the demanding UL requirements for automatic smoke and heat vents. Our standard model AUL/AFM is equipped with the following features:
- Patented, non discoloring quadri domes
- Double dome units
- Prefabricated 12″ aluminium insulated curb
- Available with double wall construction
- Wthstands impact loading in excess of 250ft.lbs
- Mill finished aluminium frame and curb
Strong yet lightweight
A typical 4′ x 8′ APC unit weighs 110 lbs, yet the dome material is one of the industry?s strongest. APC Quadri-dome resists hail, industrial debris and errant birds.
Section 910.2 of the IBC demands that most one-story undivided buildings over 50,000 sq. ft. have smoke vents on the roof. APC vents meet IBC and all older national codes.
No moving parts to fail
APC?s drop-out design prevents possible lid closures and is unaffected by snow loads. APC vents have no moving parts to corrode, and they do not require inspection or maintenance.
Half the cost of mechanical systems and exhaust fans
APC vents are not only reliable but are extremely cost effective. Easy to install, even in large units, APC vents can offer building owners substantial savings over mechanical vents. APC is the clear choice in smoke and heat vents.
- Manual release rods – facilitates opening by fire fighters on roof
- Units can be modified to fit onto curbs supplied by others
- Units can be modified with retaining screen and fusible link for high temperature activation, as commonly recommended for use with ESFR sprinklers